Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pre-Weekend Crafting

This weekend, we are heading to Helen to celebrate my Ma & Pa's 30th Wedding Anniversary!  It has been a long time since our family has done any kind of vacation all together (there's always one or more of us missing), so we are so excited to meet up and celebrate with our parents.  My sister has been the main planner for this event, and has dubbed it Celebration 30-Year Love Birds.  The weekend just so happens to fall during Oktoberfest AND Halloween, so we are sure to be in for some crazy times.

I wanted to do something crafty for the weekend... and if you know the Lallas, you also know a copious amount of beer is consumed during our get-togethers.  (Hey, we have to support our Pa... he's a long-time Anheuser-Busch employee!)  So, because of this fact, my brainstorming default was koozies.  Everyone will be getting a personalized Love Bird/Halloween koozie to use for the weekend.  (I couldn't find the right material, so these koozies probably won't last longer than the weekend!)

(All photos taken with cell phones, sorry for the crap quality!)

Love Bird Koozies, 10-27-10

We're also planning to take advantage of everyone being in the same place by taking some family photos.  I made some signs for a few of our goofier pictures to commemorate the weekend.  And we also plan to take a "Thank You" photo for the cabin owner, my brother-in-law's co-worker's wife (say that 3 times fast).  Vicki is allowing us to stay at the cabin for FREE and we are so incredibly thankful for it.

Love Bird Signage, 10-27-10

And of course, after I took the above photo and sent it to my sis, I decided the Love Bird poster needed some bling.  Helloooooo Martha Stewart glitter-that-I-got-on-clearance-a-year-ago-and-still-have-never-used.

Bling Birds, 10-27-10

Another way we plan to customize the weekend is by surprising Ma & Pa with a replica of their wedding cake.  Allie, my brother Jake's wife, has taken several cake decorating courses and has become our special occasion baker!  We've loved all of her cakes... she has a blog called allieCakes.  Check it out!  Particularly check out THIS post... the Mich Ultra cake she made for my Ma's birthday earlier this year.
Ma & Pa's wedding cake, 10-25-1980
Allie is planning to make a more modern version of their wedding cake, with three tiers and small pops of color.  Here is a sneak peak at one of the tiers:
Allie's Anniversary Cake in progress, 10-28-10
We are so excited to spend the weekend celebrating our sweet parents.  Can't wait to share more!

No comments:

Post a Comment