Wednesday, March 18, 2009

One Little, Two Little, Fun-Loving Ray Pups!

Copper and Penny are adjusting very well to life at the Ray House! We are head-over-heels in love with these little rascals, and although I know waiting was the right choice, I don't know how we waited so long to bring two little sweethearts into our lives! I've been home sick with the flu for the past couple of days (made it to work this morning, though), so I dragged my feverish self and the two pups down to Perry, Georgia for their first visit to the vet (well, my first visit- they'd been there before with the Animal Shelter folks!) on Monday. As it turns out, Copper is almost 15 weeks old and weighs 14 pounds, and Penny is 10 weeks old and weighs 11 pounds! They have to go back in 3 weeks for their next round of shots, and I can't wait to see how much they've grown! Copper suffered a little bit of seperation anxiety when his Penny was up on the table, but recovered quickly when they reunited on the ground. He was quickly over his shots with a sweet kiss and tackle from his little sister. Penny was very well-mannered and only cried a bit when her microchip was put in. They did so well in the car, both falling asleep as soon as the car started moving, and stayed asleep the 30 minutes there and 30 minutes back. (Once they get through with their shots and get fixed, we will be using a vet up the road from us... they had been to this vet while staying at the shelter, so if we finish everything up with them, we pay much less!) Here's a peek at what their first few days have been like (I'll be sure to post more pictures soon... especially ones of them "walking themselves".)

Wrestling buddies... Copper is pinning Penny as much as he can before she outgrows him!

Sleeping buddies... they love to snuggle.

Kitty Bug wondering what in the world we were thinking getting TWO monsters! (Luckily she's realized she still rules the inside of the house for most of the day.)

Playing Hide and Seek with the blanket... this picture does not do it justice- real life is high speed and hilarious!

Chasing each other under the futon in the sunroom... I wish I could get a better picture of this, too! You would just crack up at Copper and Penny's "game" faces!


Expect lots of puppy updates... I'm a proud Momma!
(P.S. My first full day away from the pups, and I've only had to look at their picture oh, 200 times or so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment