Thursday, November 5, 2009

TKL J Turns 25!

This past weekend, Andrew and I took a little drive down to Moultrie, GA to visit the Joneses! Trisha and Carlton moved into their new house about a month ago, and I was just itching to get down there and see their home, my best friend, and of course little Vespa pup. Trisha has a great blog post of the weekend (and she took more pictures), but I wanted to share the few that I took. We drove down Friday night, and after we got a tour of the house, Carlton and Trisha took us to a downtown Moultrie restaurant called Blue Sky Grill - which was very good! I love renovated downtown buildings... this one had clouds painted on the ceiling!

Saturday morning, we spent a little bit of time lazing around before Trisha and I headed to Wal-Mart to get some baking and lunch goodies. I'm pretty sure that I saw every single person that lives in Moultrie at Wal-Mart! It was crazy busy... must keep that in mind the next time I head to the one here in Macon. It was still the most fun I've had grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. Come on, I was with my best friend and we were chatting endlessly about recipes and food... it doesn't get any better than that! When we got back to the house, Trisha's sister and her boyfriend (Kristen and Scott) were there, and we were ready to get some lunch grilling. Carlton and Andrew already had football on, so we just relaxed and cooked and had a good time hanging out with everyone.

Later that evening, we enjoyed a few trick-or-treaters that came by before we headed out to Trisha's birthday dinner. We went to Cafe Marebella in Thomasville, which was actually in the Historic Train Depot! It was a beautiful Italian restaurant... if it hadn't been so chilly, we could have eaten outside where the lanterns and greenery made for a gorgeous setting.

(L-R) Trisha, Carlton, Scott, Kristen, Andrew and me getting ready to dive into our delicious food! Andrew had the lobster ravioli (which was amazing), and I had the classic chicken parmigiana with fettucini alfredo (oh so yum!).


cll & tkl, best friends 14 years and counting!



Surprise! Birthday cake (song and all) for the birthday girl!



Sunday morning, Chef Andrew went to work in the kitchen making a Birthday Breakfast of french toast, bacon and eggs. Trisha walked in saying, "It smells like Waffle House in here!"


After breakfast, Trisha sat down and opened her birthday cards. With Daylight Savings, she got a whole extra hour to her special day... how lucky is that? Too soon, it was time for us to hit the road and get back to our pups. (This was our first time leaving them at the house while we traveled- I was a worried Momma, even though my friend Sierra was checking on them for me!) It was a great weekend with my wonderful best friend, and I can't wait to do it again soon!

Happy 25th Birthday, Trisha!




No comments:

Post a Comment