Thursday, September 24, 2009

Catching Up, July

In July, the pups grew some more. Andrew and I spent 4th of July at my parents house (my brother, Jake, threw his annual July 4th party there). The fireworks were awesome! Copper and Penny had just come from a night at Andrew's parent's house playing with Cole, and spent the first half of the party catching up on sleep. (By the way- Copper was terrified of the fireworks. Penny didn't care less until debris was floating in the pool... she chased those suckers down!)


Andrew did a lot of Xbox-ing, which gave me time to do what I wanted to... play with the pups, avoid chores, etc.


The pups went swimming at Shmimi & PePaw's house (my Ma and Pa). We learned that Penny is a water dog, and Copper is, too (as long as he's not in the water). By the end of the weekend, Penny was jumping in on her own (which makes me worry about winter visits!). Copper only enjoyed it when he was on a float... see the pathetic look he's giving Andrew in this picture? Penny is comforting him and Skipper (Jake & Allie's dog) is scheming a plan to push him back in!


Penny Bop and her Daddio having a moment... she's just a baby! :)


I turned 24 on the 11th... but my birthday came early when Trisha came to visit! We went out to Taki Hibachi for dinner, and then had drinks at the Tic-Toc room- home to the most delicious martinis. I got to spend a whole (lazy) weekend with my best friend and it was perfect.

Andrew spoiled me and got a gift that I swear was made for me... a Kindle! Quite possibly the coolest thing ever invented- now my purse isn't weighed down by the books I read during my lunch break!


Well, the good news is: we refinanced my car and saved a ton of money. And the better news is: we used the money we saved to buy a boat! Ever since we bought our house last May, Andrew has had the gotta-have-a-boat bug. (What? You've never heard of it? Check Web MD, under the husband illnesses section.) We live less than a mile from the lake (our road runs into it). We spent all last summer and the first half of this summer listening to the boats while in our backyard. His dream came true this summer... we're boaters!



My gorgeous and ever-youthful sister turned a young 28 on the 19th! Even the woman on the TV can't get enough of her! My older brother, Jake, turned 27 on the 23rd... we weren't able to spend it with him, but his sweet wife Allie came up with an awesome day for him. She gave him a GPS and a map with highlighted addresses... they spent the day around Atlanta visiting the zoo, the Sweetwater Brewery, and more! Jake had no idea where they were heading (aside from the address) until they got there. Such a fun day!








We enjoyed being boaters every chance we got. On this particular night, we had a picnic on the boat (fried chicken and pasta salad), shared a bottle of wine, and went fishing! (Ok, Andrew manned the poles, and I curled up with my Kindle... don't leave home without it!) We each caught a catfish- did you know those things growl?! Eww, gross.




2 comments: